About link status

Begonnen von Jax, 14. September 2024, 01:57

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Jax

Hi guys,

I have read into quiet a bit of posts as well as FAQ. Are the status lights for the hoster absolut reliable?
Like for example if I get a 404 is it allways me when the status light was green?
I personally do not fully understand the issue with vpn on serienfans. I rarely have issues on moviefans but on serienfans I most of the time get 404.
Also it does not seem to make any different if i choose an eu server for vpn (like italy). Someone mentioned it in another thread that eu client should fix those issues. Technically I have to use vpn because the base site is blocked by my ISP.
At this point I feel like filecrypt is detecting vpn clients and actively blocking them by 404.
Status light allways green but 90% of the time it's 404.

Either the status light is kind of unreliable or the container settings are restricting vpn connections.
I mean if vpn is forbidden by container settings would be good to know. In that case i would rent a server in a country which does not block the site and would use sayed server as relay.

Simon

Zitat von: Jax am 14. September 2024, 01:57I have to use vpn because the base site is blocked by my ISP
No. The red box at the top of the website is not there for decoration.

Zitat von: Jax am 14. September 2024, 01:57Are the status lights for the hoster absolut reliable?
Not always up-to-date but 404 always means you have been blocked by Filecrypt (VPN/proxy/server/TOR forbidden or clicked at too many links already).

If you reside in a german-speaking country or region, you should be able to access all links through your ISP (no VPN or similar).

Jax

thanks for the input. I will rent a server and give it a try.

Simon

If VPN is blocked, servers are blocked as well usually.

Jax

Na mate you missundertood me. I am renting a system in a different country (with bitcoins) which I access via rdp or use it as proxy to get the links (directly on the rented machine). For filecrypt it should just be a pc. How should it know that it's a server. I am not using it as vpn.
The nature of the things we do here is well not legal. To access it with the real ip makes me kind of uncomfortable. I do not know the guy operating the website I do not know if the webservers is logging the ips of visitors. And to be fully honest the paranoia level goes extra high when i read that vpn's are blocked (for reasons that I fail to understand in regards to the purpose of the website).
Security is as usal my highest priority. I know a few friend who got physical mail with request to pay 6 digits penalty.

Very close friend of mine worked as it admin for a law firm specialized on copyright. They do get creative. For example they are allowed by copyright owners to publish the content in the scene for the purpose to collect ip addresses.

Simon

It is not illegal to visit our websites or Filecrypt and click on links. As someone who pretends to be informed well (and writes a lot of words), you should know that. For sure your friend did not get physical mail for visiting websites. :)

My best advice: Please stay away from our sites. :-*

Jax

It is not illegal to visit the website. Depending on the frequency you visit it can be used as moment of suspicion in order to raid your home. The intention to visit sites like that is to download copyright protected content. My friend got mail because the server got raided and they had access to the logs.
Downplaying stuff like that can be very dangerous just saying. Not sure if all of you guys are aware but hosters like ddownload safe the your ip addresses. Log into your account, go to settings and security and you can find list of IPs used to login to your account.
Not sure if you guys are old enough to remember. Does rapidshare ring any bells? They got closed down, the logs were checked and quiet a few people got mail.
So yes visiting the site that sole purpose is to download copyright protected stuff is not illegal but following the links and actually download it is illegal. So in order to protect yourself you should at least use vpn after you collected the links because ddownloader does log ip addresses.

Yes I do take my time to write because it is a quiet serious subject we are discussing. But we both can agree on something. Found a different provider that allows vpn so I do not have to take risks here.

Have a good one.

Salute.

Jennifer_Jareau

However, everything you write here does not apply to german jurisdiction and is pure scaremongering. In germany (this is FF's main customer group) there has not been a single charge against a leecher for using an OCH.

On that note, have a trollish weekend, JJ  ;D